DMVPN using VRF aware ikev2 ios-xe

Hello!
Do you have any good troubleshooting references that could help as I begin to tackle the subject of DMVPN using vrf aware ikev2 connections? I have purchased the IKEv2 IPsec Virtual Privat Networks cisco press book by Graham Barlett & Amjad Inamdar. It has good a lot of information on Flex VPN as I look through the index. I will read that and I’m sure come out smarter. I’m looking for more specific info that covers DMVPN as well.
As always, I appreciate your help before you give it. I’ve been a member for years and years and pointed many people in your direction because you are a valuable resource in my arsenal. Thanks
JB

Hello James

First of all, thanks for your kind words about the site and the forum. We do our best to cover the most important topics and to respond to questions and queries about various network topics…

We don’t have a lab that conforms to the specific scenario that you are sharing here. I don’t have any readily available reference material to help you out here, however, I have found the following that may be useful to you:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/question/0D53i00000KsuO3CAJ/dmvpn-tunnel-with-ikev2

I have also found some YouTube videos that describe how to put together an IKEv2 DMPVN VRF Aware Dual hub single cloud setup that you can search for and find.

Alternatively, you can take a look at FlexVPN as a solution, which essentially enables hub and spoke topology using IKEv2 so that everything is encrypted using IPSec. This is sometimes referred to unofficially as DMPVN phase 4.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Great information! Much appreciated

Thanks

1 Like