EIGRP Static Neighbor

Hello Trevor

I’m glad to hear that the solution worked for you! The no keepalive command can indeed be a quick fix for certain issues with serial interfaces. However, please remember that disabling keepalives can sometimes mask underlying issues. Ideally, the DCE side of the link should have the clock rate set (without the no keepalive command) and the DTE side should not have the clock rate set, but should have the no keepalive command.

Looking at your configs I don’t see an issue. Things should be working. However, the fact that the EIGRP neighborship forms when the DLCI is the same on both sides indicates that the issue likely lies with how the DLCIs are mapped and possibly with the Frame Relay configuration itself. In a Frame Relay environment, the DLCI values are local identifiers and do not need to match on both sides. However, they need to be correctly mapped.

When you use different DLCIs and your EIGRP neighborship is not being established, have you tried pinging from one device to the other to see if you have IP connectivity? If there is no response, the issue is with the network and likely with the frame relay configuration. If you can ping but the neighborship is not being established, the issue has to do with the EIGRP setup.

Approach your troubleshooting in this manner and see if you’re able to resolve the issue. If you do resolveit let us know here. If not, again, let us know so that we can help you further.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz