Encore 350-401 - sims

Hi all,

I was just wondering something and I wanted to see if I were a one off or if something has changed recently.

I sat for the Encore exam 2 days ago and I was a little taken back. This was my second attempt at the test and I have had two totally different experiences.

Obviously I will not get into to much detail but on my second attempt I got sidetracked very early on in the exam because out of the blue a simulation showed up. I was not expecting any sims on the exam.

I have used the study here, CBTNuggets and Cisco official training and no where does anyone say there are sims. In fact I have heard in numerous videos that there are no sims.

I ended up with more than 1 and it totally threw off my timing and thought process. Over all they were not very challenging, but having to change my thinking so quickly really messed me up.

I am just wondering if any one else has seen sims on the exam lately.

I am now going back to the beginning the brush up on everything as I have no idea what my next exam will bring.

Hello Robert

Hmm, I was not aware of this, but it’s good that you bring it up. Doing a bit of research, I found the following:

It seems that since the summer of 2022, both CCNA and CCNP level exams have included these performance-based lab exam items. There is also a related video here about the types of questions that you may encounter, although the video was blocked for me for some reason. Take a look and let us know if you can see it…

I wish you success in your next try. Not to worry, these exams are challenging, and they’re not always doable the first time around… In the meantime, we hope you’ll continue to find NetworkLessons useful for your certification journey.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz