Hi all, Irfan from Virginia

Hi All, i’m from Virginia and studying for the CCIE, i’ve used Rene’s how to series for my CCNP and it was very helpful and an east read and i’m sure that this subscription will def be worth it.

Hello Irfan! Great to have you with us.

Congratulations for your CCNP, and we wish you success in your CCIE. As always, we’re here to help you along the way so if you need anything, just let us know.

Looking forward to hearing from you on the forum!

Laz

Hello Irfan,

Welcome! Are you studying for the written exam or the lab? If you are studying for the new CCNP ENCOR exam (requirement for the lab in February 2020), it will be online in about a week.

For now, good luck studying :sunglasses: If you need any help, you know where to find us.

Rene

1 Like

Hello Rene’
I’m studying for the CCIE-EI lab in 2020 and from what I’ve read there’s no pre-req to take like it was for the IE-rs, do you recommend taking the CCNP ENCOR?

thanks,
Irfan

Hello Irfan

There are no prerequisites to take the CCIE EI exam, however, the certification comes in two parts. The first is the written exam, which is actually the CCNP ENCOR exam (350-401). This is considered a qualifying exam and essentially replaces the CCIE written exam. The second part is the actual 8 hour hands on lab exam. You can find out more here:

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like