Hi everyone,

My name is Peter, a new member to the IT environment. I have the interest to pursue my career in the Cyber security as an analyst. I want to get the CCNA R&S and CCNA security, then l continue with other paths in the career. Please suggestions are welcome to advice me on my career. Thank you.

Hello Peter and welcome!

CCNA and CCNP are excellent choices to start off with. They give you a very good fundamental understanding of networking, which is very important for cyber security. The current exams that you would be interested in is the CCNA 200-301. Cisco has done away with the CCNA R&S, Security, Wireless, Collaboration and so on. On the CCNP level, you would need to initially get your ENCOR 350-401 exam, which is the core exam for CCNA, and then you can choose from a series of other exams depending on what concentration you would like to do. You can choose the ENARSI 350-410 which is the most popular, or you can go with other choices, that you can find here.

If you’re interested in CCNP security, then you can take a look at what Cisco has to offer here:

In any case, if you have any questions, you always know where to find us.

Once again, great to have you with us! Looking forward to seeing you on the forum.

Laz

Hello Peter,

Welcome! There’s nothing much I can add to what @lagapidis mentioned. I would start with CCNA, then move on to CCNP Enterprise or Security.

Good luck studying and if you need any help, let us know ok?

Rene

1 Like