High Availability Site-to-Site IPSec VPN

Hi Rene,

Hope you are doing great. I am following you for long time and really like the way to explain the complex stuff. I am strong believer that teaching is an art not everybody is perfect in this but you are an CCIE in teaching as well :slight_smile:

I have question if you can help or suggest

High Availability Site-to-Site IPSec VPN , how can we achieve this …for e.g we have head office in UK and multiple branch offices in different places.

Any thought on this or perhaps some explanation through some lab examples.

Many Thanks
Hira

Hello Hira

Glad to hear you are finding the site useful! That’s great news to us, and gives us the motivation to keep going!

Concerning high availability of site to site IPSec VPNs, there are several choices you can implement, depending on your specific arragement. These are further described in the following document:

If you are using DMVPN with IPSec, then you can implement the use of dual hubs in a single or dual cloud deployment. More about those particular configurations can be found at the following two lessons:

For your particular situation, with multiple branch offices, the DMVPN dual hub option will probably be easiest to implement. If after looking these over you have any further questions, feel free to let us know!

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz