How do you buy New Cisco gear?

I can’t seem to ever be able to find prices on new gear. I go to Cisco website and they bring me to a page with a data sheet and some other useful information, but no place that shows me a price. Does anyone know where to find this info?

Hello Justin

Cisco gear is always provided by re-sellers and partners. Some low end Cisco devices can be found in retail electronics and computer stores, but the more high end enterprise network stuff is only made available via silver and gold partners. When you’re looking for specific gear, you can approach these re-sellers and they can give you a quote for the equipment you’re looking for. Depending on the quantities and the smartnet services you may purchase, prices can vary.

Now having said that, there are some Global Price Lists that can be viewed online. Use your favorite search engine to search for these and you should be able to find them. These lists show starting list prices for all or most of Cisco’s equipment. Note that resellers are authorized to provide various discounts on these list prices depending on who’s buying (non profit organization, government organization, educational institution etc…)

So you won’t find any costs on any of Cisco’s sites, but if you do the above search, it will give you a starting point to see what is available at what price.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like