How to renew CCNA R&S

Hi guys,

I’m planning to renew my CCNA R&S . I would like to ask if taking the ICND2 200-105 is enough to renew my certification.

I was planning to take CCNP however, I do not have enough time to review since everything will change on Feb. 2020.

Regards,
Kyle

Hello Kyle

Cisco certifications are renewed whenever you successfully pass an exam of the same or higher level. In other words, if you have a CCNA R&S certification that is about to expire, you can take any CCNA level certification (R&S, collaboration, wireless, security, etc) and your CCNA R&S will automatically be renewed for 3 years. If you take any CCNP exam , this will also renew your CCNA R&S. And actually, you don’t even have to get the whole CCNP certification. Simply passing a single exam will automatically renew your CCNA. So if you are able to get one CCNP exam done before February of 2020, say SWITCH, then your CCNA will automatically be renewed.

This is the way it has been functioning until now. With the new certification rules in 2020, I am not yet familiar with the renewal procedure, but we’ll find out soon enough.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hi, nevermind. I’ve read cisco’s retake policy on CCNA R&S. Minimum requirement would be taking a Associate-level exam, except for ICND1.

1 Like