How to study Cisco and Networking

Awesome advice for people in any field or on any networking level!!! It impresses me that you even bothered to include this type of material. Very nice.

Roland

Great Article! forgetting curve is veru useful chart for us.
Thanks!

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to study Cisco and Networking

hi sir
i see your material in this site and these are great!!!
but sir i had some question in my mind and please guide me. i learn the networking up to CCNP and i start to read CCIE R&S with popular online courses and i have learn all topics in there and i practice them successfully but sir when i see exam questions even from CCNA there are some topics witch i hear them for the first time and questions are very different as i learn i dont know what to do, reading books changing online courses or any thing else please guide me dear mr rene , did you cover every topics witch come in to exam?

Hi @mozamel-ccie,

Glad to hear you like my work :slight_smile:

I think you are talking about R&S written? It is a difficult exam. The first time I took it a few years ago, it was easier that nowadays. I did it again 2 years ago to renew my CCIE.

My written course page covers 99.9% of the blueprint:

https://networklessons.com/cisco/ccie-routing-switching-written/

There are a few small topics that I still have to add. When it comes to studying, once you feel you understand everything on the blueprint, labbed everything, and studied enough, the only way to move forward is to try the exam once.

If you pass it, great! If you don’t, write down everything you didn’t understand during the exam as soon as you leave the test center and look it up at home, get rid of your knowledge gaps. Next time you attempt it, you’ll pass.

What is a good book to study for ccna 200-301

Hello Marcus

Because the exam is relatively new there are not as many books yet published as have been published for the previous exams. However, my feeling is that study tactics should be moving away from books and more into courses with hands-on labs with a more practical focus. Having said that, the official Cisco Cert guide is always a good choice.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like