How to study Cisco and Networking

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

https://networklessons.com/cisco/ccna-routing-switching-icnd1-100-105/how-to-study-cisco-and-networking/

Great Article

thanks sir, I’m always visiting your site :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing.

mindmapping is the best method. I’m using it + review pattern.

Review Pattern : after completing the mindmapping pattern use this method for better remembering.

Immediately review
24 Hours review
1 Week review
1 Month review
4 Month review

Very helpful n well explained article for all beginners in Cisco Netwoking World…Thank u Rene Molenaar for wonderful article…

thank you very much for providing crucial and practical information.

You are welcome!

Not only for studying Cisco, but anything else :slight_smile: thank you for the article

GREAT ARTICLE, VERY USEFULL

Great way of covering all important areas, you will definitely master your craft with this study method.

great job ! rene you are the best , i have learned a lot from you , i want ask you something , do u know any group discussion but online cuz i am a self study i am not attending any classes

Hi René ,

My Name is Vibil vishwanathan from India .
I am trying to complete my CCNA very soon and all your articles that i went through had been very simple, easier to understand and also interesting.
After going through some of my CCNA books it had been very difficult for me to understand few topics but your articles where incredibly useful.
The one difficulty that i am facing is that i am not getting any time to go for my Labs and practice but instead i am thinking if there is a right software out there that can help me test and learn from comfort of my home . Thanx

Hi Vibil,

Nice to meet you. For practice you can try GNS3 and my labs on GNS3vault.com

Rene

You might like my GNS3Vault forum :slight_smile:

thank you for this good articles. :slight_smile: u wrote it so well

It is an interesting information, I’ll take it into account, as I am preparing for the exam ccna S & R (ICDN 1 and 2) of his book.
Great post !

Vibil,

I think you need to buy René’s CCNA book to find out how easily is reading a CCNA book :slight_smile:

Thanks, Rene for these information. Right now I’m studying my CCNP certifications. I passed switch exam and now studying for routing.

My little weakness subletting. Is there advice how to master subletting while keep review my hold notes from CCNA?

Thanks,

MIchael

I mean subnetting, Rene

Hi Michael,

Did you see my subnetting lessons yet?

https://networklessons.com/subnetting-lessons/

The short answer is:

a) You need to learn how to calculate subnets in decimal, if you do it in binary then it takes too much time.
b) Practice, practice, practice until you can do this on top of your head.

From now on, if you do labs…don’t use /24 subnets in your topologies but mix some /27, /28, /12, /26, etc. subnets. This forces you to do some subnetting along the way.

Rene