How to study for Cisco CCNA R&S

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

Hi Rene,
Cisco has brought some changes in CCNA certification. Could you please give me some information about. I wanted to pass my CCNA 200-125 exam, what do you recommend me to do?

Hello Muhammad

Yes, Cisco is changing all the certifications. However, this will be done in February 2020, so you do have time to study for your 200-125 exam and pass it before then. I would suggest you attempt to pass it some time in late December or early January. You should have enough time to prepare until then, of course depending on the amount of time you have on your hands.

I would urge you to attempt the exam before the change. The reason is because the study content available, including that on NetworkLessons, is specifically geared towards preparing you for this specific exam. When the new exam comes in, there will be a learning curve involved, so you may need to spend a bit more time getting familiar with the new philosophy.

Don’t get me wrong, studying the current material is still useful since a large part of the content is still valid for the new exams. It’s just that it’s easier to study for something that is familiar rather than the less familiar structure of the new exams.

Over the next little while @ReneMolenaar will be introducing new material that will address the new exams. Until then, I suggest you continue with the current material for the current exam.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hello everybody,
I just passed my 200-105 exam (icnd2) and I want to thank you for all the help you have given.
cordially

Hello Hugues

Great to hear! Congratulations on a job well done! That’s an impressive accomplishment, and we wish you success in your next certification too! And as always, we’ll be here to help you along the way.

Congratulations once again!

Laz

Hi Rene / Team

Would u please suggest and guide us about the evolving tool come in networking market for practicing the troubleshooting or virtual scenerio
Like as I heard about cisco virl , dcloud , eveng , gns 3 .

Kindly suggest it’s initial installation ,how to inbuild or upload ios images on all the tool as in documentaion it’s really quite tough .

Would u please help in sharing the easy demonstration steps one by one and suggest how to make a good practicing in switching like layer 2 and layer 3 switch as I m quite weak in practical .

Request you to please suggest personally in this .

Regards
Shivam Chaudhary

Hello Shivam

The truth is that there are many options that you can use for setting up a virtual lab. These are briefly discussed in the following lessons:

There are so many options and configuration parameters that we cannot cover them all within the lessons. Parameters for each solution mentioned, GNS3, VIRL and so on, can be found at their respective sites.

However, as you can see from the following post, Rene is working on updating the lessons that cover the recommended lab equipment/emulators that can be used for studying:

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz