I am new, I need some urgent tips

Hi everyone, I am a new member. I am going for an interview, I have read but unfortunately I have not really had field experience.I am certified in CCNA, CCNP and I have done my CCIE written exam.

I know the questions might revolve around DMVPN, checkpoint, Cisco ACI, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP

I have the theoretical knowledge but I know questions will be hovering around what I have done as a team and as well individually. What are the likely challenges faced? what problems did I solve?
I will appreciate it if people on the field can share their experiences and possibly other kind of questions i am to expect.

What will happen if the routes using OSPF over DMVPN exceeds 50 in an area?
what will happen if the EIGRP over DMVPN exceeds 255?

Hello Kayode

It’s great to hear that you have had success in your certifications. Field experience is also invaluable. When it comes to interviews, it is a very difficult question. It really depends on what the interviewer is looking for and what the hiring process is for. If an organisation has a specific problem on their network that they need resolved, they’ll usually ask for very specific skills and knowledge, and will ask pointed technical questions that will display the depth of your knowledge in those areas. If you don’t have much practical experience, then the only thing you can do is study the areas you think are important and hope they ask those questions.

Other organisations may be searching for someone to fill in a general need for networking, that simply shows potential for learning, and for developing their skills. In such cases they shouldn’t ask very specific technical questions, but will gauge your future potential.

It all depends on the job position and what the needs of the enterprise are.

I wish you success in your interviews and in all your future endeavours!

Laz

Hi Lazaros,

The interview went well, and just as i presumed and you clearly stated, they focused more on the skill they advertised, which I prepared very well for. This is a great forum to be. Thanks

1 Like

Hello Kayode,

Welcome on board and glad to hear the interview went well! There’s nothing I can add to Lazaros’ comment.

If you need any help, you know where to find us.

Rene