I'm Dallas from Amarillo, Texas

Who are you?
Dallas Splawn

Where are you?
Amarillo Texas

What stage are you in? Are you a beginner in networking? A veteran studying for a CCIE exam?
I have been in IT for 20 years. My primary focus for the last 10 years has been networking and VoIP. I don’t consider myself a beginner, however, I also don’t consider myself a veteran. There’s always stuff to learn, and I’m always open to learning new things.

What’s your background? Why did you join NetworkLessons.com? Any cool stories to share?
My background is mainly in networking and VoIP. I have some experience with servers, storage and vm environment. Networking is my passion. I love it more than anything else in IT. No cool stories to share. I’m just blessed to be able to do what I love to do.

Came across your platform as I was looking for alternatives to other study material. I failed my CCNP Route miserably the first time I took it. After I came across your site, I retook my CCNP Route…although I still failed, I failed with a much better score. I failed the 2nd for a number of reasons, but the primary reason was I didn’t give myself enough time to learn the areas that I was weak in. I’m now 3 weeks into your course…and I’m about to go for my 3rd attempt. I know I’ll pass it this time. The areas I was weakest in was VPN technologies, and Security.

This site is awesome…I use your site almost exclusively for my training. Thanks for everything!!

Hello Dallas!

Great to have you with us. Thanks for sharing your story and your experiences. You’ll find that many people fail in their first attempt at Cisco certifications, myself included. It just goes to show the level of expertise and understanding needed to succeed. It makes the certifications all the more valuable to have.

We wish you success in your endeavors and in your journey to CCNP certification and beyond! And as always, we’re here to help you along the way!

Laz

1 Like

Hello Dallas,

Welcome on board! I’m glad to hear you like my work.

Even though you failed the ROUTE exam for the second time, you now know exactly what to work on. The passing score is high so there’s not much room for errors. If you have any questions about VPNs or security (or anything else) let us know.

Good luck studying!

Rene

1 Like