Information cctv design

Hello,

I need help to design CCTV (around 100 to 1000 cameras).
I have to make an artichtecture on CCTV. I need your help.

I am looking for a simple, secure, reliable, available, responsive topology

questions :

1. what design it will be better (i know that we have many design but i look one or 2 design)

2. what I have to take care.

3. advice

thanks you very much for your help

I design this :

1 Like

Hello Ahmed

We don’t have a lesson for this particular type of network, but some of the things you should keep in mind are the following:

1. It is preferable to use Power over Ethernet to power your cameras so that installation is easier, and you can ensure that a UPS and generator can be used to centrally power your switches, which in turn will power your cameras. That way, they are not affected by power cuts or local power supplies.
  2. Ensure that you have multicast enabled. This of course depends upon the cameras and the surveillance system you are using, as well as the number of observation stations you will have (locations from which live feeds will be viewed or recorded.) For more about multicast, take a look at the Multicast course.
  3. Ensure that you have quality of service (QoS) enabled in order to ensure that video feeds are not affected by network congestion.
  4. Make sure your network design conforms to the appropriate 3-tier design with proper redundancies at Layer 2 (STP, Etherchannel) and at layer 3 (routing protocols).

I know this is quite general, and may be useful for other types of networks as well, but this does give you a beginning to start from. If you want something more detailed, like a lesson that goes deeper into this, then you can make a suggestion on the following lesson ideas page:

There you can make your suggestions, and you may find that others have also suggested something similar. If so, you can add your voice to theirs.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like