Introduction to Cisco IOS CLI (Command-Line Interface)

Hello Austin

Concerning attempting to install an unsigned version of the console driver, this seems to be more of an OS problem. I haven’t faced it myself, but after a bit of research, there are two ways to get around this.

The first is to download and use various programs that have been created for this purpose. This is not generally recommended, unless you absolutely trust the publishers. I won’t say any more about this option however.

The second (and somewhat more recommended) option is to disable Windows’ requirement for installing signed drivers. You can do this by using the Local Group Policy Editor. You can use your favourite search engine to find out more about how you can do that. Just be sure that the driver is indeed from Cisco before disabling this feature and installing it, and make sure you re-enable the feature once installation is complete.

Beyond that, you can attempt to manually install the most up to date version of the driver rather than having the automatic update attempt to do so.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like