Ipsec vpn site to site behind adsl

Hi Renee,
I hope you will read this i just want to ask you if it is possible to create a ipsec vpn site to site behind adsl connection? if it is possible how…

thanks for you reply

Hello Troy

Yes it is possible to create such a VPN connection. This is most often achieved via ADSL routers that have the VPN capability built in, such as the Cisco 800 series routers, specifically, a model that supports the type of ADSL connection you require as well as the VPN features you need. You can also create it by using ASA firewalls as edge devices on each end and have them connect to the WAN via the ISP’s WAN devices.

For more information about setting up a site to site VPN using ASA firewalls, take a look at the following lesson as well as all the lessons that are included in this specific unit:

As for VPNs via ADSL routers that natively support the feature, this can be configured either from scratch using command line or using tools such as EasyVPN which can automate a lot of the configuration between two such devices. An example of such a configuration can be found for the Cisco 870 series routers at the following link.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/850/software/configuration/guide/vpnezvpn.html

Another form of VPN is a Dynamic Multipoint VPN that is used for enterprises that have multiple remote sites. You can find out more about this at the following lesson.

Hopefully this will give you an idea of where to get started in further researching the subject.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz