Couldn’t find better place to ask this question.
In the CCIE Written Exam there is a topic called “micro bursts”
First of all, I get the big idea behind them and how they impact the network.
What I couldn’t understand and figure is what are them?
to better understand them, I should understand better what are normal bursts but I just can’t find any good explenation that would satisfy my needed knowledge about them so I hope you could answer realy clearly with as much information as you could:
- what are bursts?
- when will I see those and when they apear on the link?
- how the infrastructures like routers and switches proccess them?
- how do I capture a burst using wireshark?
- how big should be a burst traffic on MetroE service provider network running IS-IS with mpls?
- what are the main cons for using bursts which limited carefully by the configuration administrator?
- whar are the pros?
After I will get the whole picture and neccesary information about those, then I might need to ask another questions about the CCIE topic - micro bursts:
- what are micro bursts?
- how they differ from normal bursts?
- could I capture them on wireshark let alone some traffic analyzing tool?
4.5) how do they proccessed on routers and switches?
- how do they impact network performance?
- for what reason would they apear on the network and how often?
- how can I diagnose microbursts if I have the right analyzing tools and how to solve the problems?
- if question 6 is already solved by the nature of engineered routers / switches, is that because they have increased memory buffer?
- how big is the 4 queues buffers that each NIC on 6500 switch owns?
Thank you very much, there are some logical topics that migrate with the questions that might also help me understand better QoS and Policy engineering that I don’t realy understand very well beacuse they are explained for people which don’t realy have information about real hardaware and how it works, but because I am graduated practical engineer and I learned a lot about computing hardware, then I can’t match the logical explenation about bunch of stuff and how they work from the point of view of NIC, Route Processor, supervisor module and etc that people are trying to explain when asked about them by people that have no clue about hardaware, while trying to make them understandable for those people.
So I hope someone could help me to understand those stuff better!
Thank you very much