Mpls label not showing in the traceroute

Hi,

when i try to traceroute from PE1 loopback to PE2 loopback i dont see the labels in the trace it just shows * do we need to enable any thing to display the same.

im trying the example in IOL.

Hello Senthilkumar

If you’re receiving the * * * response from some interface along the path of a traceroute command, then that device or interface is configured not to respond to ICMP packets. In order to determine why this is happening, please think about the following:

1. Does the traceroute complete successfully even though one of the hops is not responding or do you get a list of 30 or more lines that state * * *? If the second is the case, you may have a more general connectivity problem between originator and destination. Try pinging the destination and see what you get. If you can’t ping either, check your configuration.
  2. If your device is an ASA firewall, it is configured by default not to respond to pings/traceroutes. You must configure an access list that will allow the specific interface to reply.
  3. If it is not an ASA device, check if there are any access lists that block ICMP packets.

Let us know your results so we can help you further.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz