MPLS VPN PE-CE OSPF Global Default Route

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

Hi Rene, Thanks for the lesson. could you please also show global to vrf route leaking in non MPLS environment. How it works

Hello Pushpender

You can find an example of VRF route leaking in a non-MPLS environment at the following lesson:

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hi Rene.

Regarding global-to-VRF communication, I am curious about how it should be handled in the scenario where CEs have multiple networks, let’s say 20. are static routes the only way to do it? or maybe in this case there is a way to redistribute them from OSPF VRF CUSTOMER to OSPF GRT?

Thanks!

Hello Wuilmer

Yes, it is possible to redistribute dynamic routing protocols to redistribute routes between VRFs and the global routing table. However, in order to do so, you must be running separate instances of a routing protocol in the VRF and the global routing domain. In the lesson, the global routing domain only uses static routes. However, if you take a look at the following lesson, you will see how routes are being redistributed between the global routing domain and a VRF using dynamic routing protocols:

Take a look at this lesson and let us know if you have any further questions.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz