Need help to understand the config lines

Hi Jaz,

Can you help with this config. I am not finding much on this. Please help me to understand the config lines.Why do we use this. What its purpose ?

object-group network local_ip 
 host <IP Address 1>
 host <IP Address 2>
 host <ip addresses 3>
!
issu set rollback-timer 0
!
!
!
redundancy
 mode sso
bridge-domain 38 
 mac limit maximum addresses 1000
 member GigabitEthernet0/0/1 service-instance 38
 member vfi CUST-VPLS-xxx-10222
!
bridge-domain 40 
 member GigabitEthernet0/0/1 service-instance 40
 member vfi CUST-VPLS-xxx-xxxxx

Thanks,
Bhupesh Saini

Hello Bhupesh

The object-group network command is used to create objects referencing particular IP addresses or ranges of addresses. These can then be referenced by access lists or route maps, or other entities such as NATting. More about this can be found here:

issu commands have to do with the In Service Software Upgrade feature which is involved in redundancy and high availability. It is used to restore a device to its state before a particular process has started. After the timer expires, rollback will occur. A value of 0 indicates that the rollback timer is disabled.

The redundancy command and its related features have to do with IOS high availability capabilities, and more about these can be found in the following Cisco documentation:

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hi Laz,
Please guide me for below config use ?

bridge-domain 38
member GigabitEthernet0/0/1 service-instance 3
member vfi CUST-VPLS-xxx-10222

Thanks ,
Bhupesh

Hello Bhupesh

This particular set of configurations is used to create a bridged virtual interface. This can be used for various features, including VXLANs. If you look at the following lesson, you’ll see some similar configurations:

Note in the VXLAN lab, we are using the command member vni which refers to a virtual network identifier (similar in function to a VLAN ID). In this particular case of your example, the bridge domain is including a VFI as a member, which is a virtual forwarding instance. This is a virtual bridge port that is capable of performing bridging functions such as forwarding based on source and destination MAC addresses etc… More about VFIs here:

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz