OSPF Professional Lab 1

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

2 Likes

Thanks for your sharing this lessons and I hope the next topic will be L2 lab. It’s the most important topic for networking learning. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, big fan of this! :slight_smile: Would love to more of these, maybe covering L2 or EIGRP

Hello Niclas

Thanks for the feedback, we do our best! More labs are on the way, thanks for your suggestions!

Laz

1 Like

AMAZING LAB!!! Can we please get more of this? Possibly a mix of everything as well like EIGRP redistributing to OSPF with some BGP DMVPN etc… Fantastic lab!

2 Likes

Please establish a typical Enterprise lab that would be very helpful if you describe along with that.

Hello Sahakt

Thanks for your feedback! We’re thrilled that you found the lab useful. We are planning on putting together some more labs in the near future, so stay tuned for those! Thanks for your suggestions, we’ll take a look with Rene and see what we can do…

Thanks again!

Laz

Hello Mohammad

Thanks for your suggestion, we’ll consider it as we discuss the next labs that we’ll be creating.

Keep labbing!

Laz

Thank you very much. Could you please do the same for BGP? This topic is much anticipated and would be extremely useful to many of us.

Hello Asif

Glad to hear that you find the lab useful. We’re working on creating more of these types of labs, and BGP is definitely on our to-do list. Thanks for your feedback!

Laz

Hello ! i’ve completed this fantastic Lab. I’d like (and appreciate your effort & time ) more labs like this, for BGP, EIGRP and so on…

Regarding this Lab i have a doubt about the following :

when summarizing area 2 routes on ABRs R3 & R7 i think is a very specific scenario because discontinous area 0 and to overcome this establish a virtual-link between R3 and R7.

So, when i did the Area 2 summarization i only did it on R3 and then figured out it didn’t take any effect because i still saw the more specific prefixes instead the /22 pfx ive summarized. It took effect when i also did this same summarization on R7.

It was a little tricky because the discontinous area 0 but if both R7 & R3 were “parallels” ABRs in Area 0 (non discontinous) i’d be more obvious (at least for me) i have to do the summarization on both routers.

Hello Juan

We’re glad you liked this lab! We’re working on more labs, and in the near future we’ll be publishing them! We’ll keep you posted!

Yes, that’s exactly correct. The summarization has to be applied to both R3 and R7 otherwise summarization will not occur. This is because of the fact, as you correctly stated, that we have a discontiguous Area 0, and R3 and R7 are both ABRs with Area 0.

The same thing would happen if you tried to apply summarization on R2 and R4. These two routers are ABRs and both connect to Areas 0 and 51. If you apply it only to one of the two routers, the summary routes will not appear.

You know why? Because a more specific route is always preferred over a less specific route. So if one ABR injects the less specific summary route, and the other ABR injects the more specific individual routes, routers within the area will prefer the more specific routes. Does that make sense?

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like