Packet Tracer IPv6 Support

I noticed the Cisco Academy uses Cisco Packet Tracer and yet it does not support the show ipv6 routers that you demonstrated in one of the topics. Are we expected to know this for CCNA?

Hello ibmufa

Although nothing is explicitly mentioned about the specific command for CCNA, it’s a good idea to know it and understand what it does and what information it presents you with. I have checked and confirmed that the command is unavailable in Packet Tracer v7.

If you look at and understand the Rene’s lesson, even if you cannot implement it yourself on Packet tracer, you should be OK for the exam.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Hello colleagues,

I have a question for you. Do you know of any application that is similar to Packet Tracer and is free to download. Thanks.

Hello Vesna

As far as I know, the only other comparable software package that can do similar functions is GNS3. The functionality is not exactly the same, as GNS3 is more involved in its setup (it’s not as plug and play as Packet tracer). I’m not sure if others may have other experiences with other software programs.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz