I trust everyone is keeping well during the current pandemic. I am working on a QoS assignment in Packet Tracer file and need a little guidance please.
I have been asked to include as many elements as needed to demonstrate an overall knowledge of the design of a secure, durable and scalable converged network for such new development.
The given design considerations are:
• Voice applications traffic, generated by voice-related applications (such as contact call centres)
• Mission-critical traffic, generated, for example, by database applications
• Transactional traffic, generated by e-commerce applications
• Routing update traffic from routing protocols such as Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
• Bulk transfer (such as file transfer or HTTP), considered best-effort traffic
The tasks are:
- Design Queuing strategies to cope with the traffic mix mainly at Sligo
- Using Access Control Lists (ACL’s) to segregate your different traffic classes
- Using the ACL’s then create class maps to cope with the different traffic flows
- Create policy maps to contain these class maps
- Insert the policy maps at the relevant points on the network
- Demonstrate where traffic policing will be implemented within the network
- Show also where traffic shaping will take place on the network
- Show how PPP multilink could be used and apply if necessary
- Show how header compression can be used on the WAN link
- Any other scenario which you may consider appropriate
I have created the ACLs based on TCP/UDP ports for the Voice, Video, Mission-Critical, Signalling, Transactional-Data and Bulk-Data. I have created the corresponding Class-Maps. I have created the Policy-Map.
policy-map WAN ! class Voice priority percent 18 set precedence 5 ! class Video Priority percent 15 set precedence 4 ! class Signalling bandwidth percent 5 set precedence 3 ! class Mission-Critical-Data bandwidth percent 10 set precedence 3 random-detect prec-based ! class Transactional-Data bandwidth percent 7 set precedence 2 random-detect prec-based ! class Bulk-Data bandwidth percent 4 set precedence 1 random-detect prec-based ! class Class-Default bandwidth percent 25 set precedence 0 fair-queue !
Configuration questions I have and would appreciate some help in understanding are:
Where to place the policy?
I believe the configured policy-map should in the outbound direction of the Serial 0/0/0 interface
What QoS information should be configured on the Dublin router?
Do I need to include an ACL, CLass-Map and update the Policy for EIGRP updates a Precedence 6?
Thank you in advance for your help.