48x 1/10/25Gb port, 4x 100G

Running IOS-XR 7.9.1

I am trying to configure the ports, currently they are:
Hu0/0/0/24 - Hu0/0/0/27
TF0/0/0/0 - TF0/0/0/23
TF0/0/0/28 - TF0/0/0/51
Mg0/RP0/CPU0/0
Mg0/RP1/CPU0/0

so currently I have Hu0/0/0/24 and Hu0/0/0/25 running at 100G.
I want to use the majority (if not all) 1/10/25 Gb ports in 10Gb mode.

The command should be something like:
hw-module port-range 0 7 location 0/0/CPU0 mode 4x10-4x25

But whatever I try, I get the error message:
% Failed to commit one or more configuration items during a pseudo-atomic operation. All changes made have been reverted. Please issue 'show configuration failed [inheritance]' from this session to view the errors

Am I trying to do something impossible? We prefer to have all 25G ports to be 10G.

Hello Jaco

It seems like you might be running into a configuration conflict. The error message you’re receiving indicates that there’s an issue with one or more of the configuration items. To identify the problem, you can use the show configuration failed [inheritance] command, as the error message suggests.

Have you issued this command? What output do you get from it? Also, are you able to configure a particular port individually rather than by using the port-range command?

In addition, are you getting this error message when you try to commit your changes or when you input the hw-module command? I’m assuming it is when you commit your changes. If this is the case, it may not actually be this particular command that is causing the issue. You may need to go through your commands one by one (the ones you have made before committing) to see which one is the culprit.

Let us know how you get along on this one, it’s interesting to see your results.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

You may find