Ssh is not working

Hi i am sorry to disturb you but since 2 month i tried to figure out a solution for my issue.
I configure my 39000 router in globale configuration not vrf i can access to my device with ssh by using a standard access list and extended acl , but when i configure with a vrf configuration i can access my device with ssh only with standard acl no with extended access list. It’s possible that that extended acl is enabled only in global configuration not in vrf? I need your help. Thank u

Hi i am sorry to disturb you but since 2 month i tried to figure out a solution for my issue.
I configure my 39000 router in globale configuration not vrf i can access to my device with ssh by using a standard access list and extended acl , but when i configure with a vrf configuration i can access my device with ssh only with standard acl no with extended access list. It’s possible that that extended acl is enabled only in global configuration not in vrf? I need your help. Thank u

Hello Assane

The use of a standard or extended access list should not be affected by the use of VRFs in your router. However, you should be aware that if you are using various VRFs, you may be using a different source/destination combination to reach your VTY port, so the extended access list may be behaving differently. This is not due to the use of VRFs, but due to the possible change in source/destination addresses.

Review your access list, and test it out on an interface as well using ping to verify connectivity before applying it to the VTY.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Thank u Laz ,
I will review my acl and i will come to you if i get a news from my issue.
Thank u a lot

1 Like