THE Updated CCIE V1.1

@xryptokey @italodefreitas ,

My apologies for the late reply. It took some more time to give a decent answer.

I’m restructuring the course. Instead of mapping it to the blueprint, I’m rebuilding it so it has all topics in the best order to study. For example:

• L2 first: VLANs, STP, etc.
  • L3: IPv4, IPv6
  • L3 IGPs: OSPF and EIGRP
  • Etc.

Some of the blueprint items are all over the place, and they moved quite some stuff around between v1.0 and v1.1.

Many like studying from the blueprint though, so I started mapping all blueprint items to lessons in Airtable. Here is an explanation:

This will be convenient because you can filter/order everything the way you want.

There are some topics that I’m missing that are easy to add, but one big topic I currently don’t have is SD-Access. To be honest, I have to take a good look to figure out whether I’m going to add it.

It’s always a challenge to figure out what content to create (first). Cisco pushed SD-Access into the certifications and it seems like a move to improve its usage/popularity. It’s a product, so it’s possible it’s killed off in X years. I prefer to stick to material that is more about protocols and supported by multiple vendors.

We’ll see. I’ll update this reply when I’m 100% done mapping all topics to the blueprint.

Rene

1 Like