Troubleshooting OSPF Route Advertisement

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

Thank you for explaining OSPF troubleshooting in a simple language. This helps in understanding OSPF better.

The first scenario doesn’t match with the troubleshooting. For example, “We can see that R1 has learned about network 10.2.2.0 /24 from R2 but there’s nothing in the routing table of R2. What’s going on? Let’s check if OSPF is enabled:”. There is nowhere on the scenario that states, configure network address 10.2.2.0 /24, so I’m not expecting to see network 10.2.2.0 /24 in my routing table.

Hi Alex,

You are right, this should be the 2.2.2.0/24 network. I just fixed it in the article. Thanks for letting me know!

Rene

Super Explanation :slight_smile:

Completely agree , Super Explanation !
Nice concept to include such a topic and very well explained !

After going through this article , I instantly checked if there is anything like this for BGP :slight_smile:
Would really appreciate if you can add similar article for BGP i.e. the basic checkpoints of the protocol and most likely the only you might encounter ever.

thanks,Amit

Hi Amit,

We do have something similar for BGP:

Troubleshooting BGP Neighbor Adjacency

Troubleshooting BGP Route Advertisement

Rene

Hi Rene ,

It helped me revise very quickly for an interview.
There’s a little printing mistake under the section ‘OSPF summarization
commands’ :
“The network engineer that configured R1 and R2 expects to see network 172.16.0.0 /26 in the routing table of R1”, It is to be printed as 172.16.0.0/16.
Many Thanks .

Thank you Sutandra, I just fixed this.