Introduction to EIGRP

Did you write anything about variance & load-balancing in EIGRP?

Hi Brutus,

Sure did:

Hope that helps!

Rene

Nice!

Rene, you rock man, I really enjoyed the video, because I got lot of confusing in understanding AD & FD , SUCCESSOR & FEASIBLE SUCCESSOR. but you made I easy for me.
thanks bro. keep going

Im lost of words. Be blessed!!!

Excellent explanation.

Dear Rene

I am really thankful to you.

You give explaination in such a easy manner that I dont have to again read that topic.

Would like to know that do u publish the book for CCNA, CCNP Routing & Switching,CCIE R&S

Dear Pankaj,

Glad to hear you like it. I do have a few booksā€¦one for CCNA R&S and I have a book for CCNP ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT. You can find them on my other website:

gns3vault.com/shop

Rene

Hi Rene,

This is the first time, Iā€™m reading about EIGRP routing protocol and i 've understood the most. Tough bit not clear on why Clubs choose Advertise distance as 25 and Diamond as 19 instead of others distances. Your explanation is simple and awesome:). Iā€™m planning to extend my trail period.

Thanks,
Maruti.

Hi Maruti,

Thank you, good to hear you liked it. The distance of 19 is calculated as following:

- Router Spade advertises a distance of 5 to router Hearts.
- Router Hearts advertises a distance of 5+4 = 9 to router Clubs.
- Router Clubs advertises a distance of 5+4+3 = 12 to router Diamond.
- Router Diamond advertises a distance of 5+4+3+7 = 19 to router Hearts.

This is an example of how this route ā€œloopsā€ back to router Hearts. Keep in mind that EIGRP is a distance vector routing protocol, it doesnā€™t have a clue what the topology looks likeā€¦the only thing it knows is that it receives information about routes on a certain interface with a certain distance.

Rene

Great work. That makes clear that things are only difficult when u dont know them. And u seem to master it all. I am delighted.

Mauro P

Excellent explanation. Thanks for all the effort that you have put into this site.

Thanks Paul!

Great example!! Had to train my mind that Routers dont know topology, but I do looking at map!Finally got it!

Very clear and Excellent explanation! You are awesome.

Rene,

Thanks for the great article, I am learning a lot from your website.

Chris

You are welcome Chris, good to hear you like it!

Hi Rene,

Where can I find the video that explains why we use that specific Feasible Successor rule to prevent loops?

Thanks
Rob

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Introduction to EIGRP

Hi Rob,

Do you mean the example with this picture?

I didnā€™t record a video (yet) for that part but if you are interested, I can create one.

Rene