Introduction to SD-WAN

currently logged a ticket with cisco tac for the time being, we have replaced the vedged.
as always, thank you Laz.

1 Like

Hi,

Anyone know of any good resources for this, either free or paid (I might get work client to sponsor).

Looking to get started on these topics which are inside the IE Ent Infrastructure in 2021.

Cheers,
Rob

Hello Robert

You can get started on these topics if you take a look at the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure course here on NetworkLessons. In it you will find Unit 2: Software-Defined Infrastructure. There you will see the topics required to be covered for the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure exam.

This is a good starting point for you to get acquainted with these topics. Some include topologies and labs that you can use to gain further understanding and learn about them. As you go through them, if you have any questions, you know where to find us.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduction to SD-Access

Guys if you want more details on this topic :
You have the following guides available on cisco.com
Cisco SD-WAN Design Guide
More : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/design-zone/networking-design-guides/branch-wan-edge.html#~stickynav=1
Last but not least you have very good cisco live’s documentation available.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Team,
I want to know that is this course is designed for the CISCO SD-WAN 300-415 ENSDWI Exam. Can we pass this exan if we go through and practice all the lessons in this part.

Hello Kirshan

No, this course does not cover all of the material necessary for the 300-415 ENSDWI exam. It is an introduction to SD-WAN that is part of the CCNP ENCOR 350-401 course. However, Rene is currently working on an SD-WAN course that covers many of the topics required for the ENSDWI, and that can be found here:

More and more new lessons are being added over the next few weeks, and you can be informed of these if you check back at the New Lessons page below:

Although the full ENSDWI is not yet being covered in full on the site, this course will give you a good foundation and starting point for this certification exam if you choose to tackle it.

Laz

HI Team,

Can you please explain the in detail process starting from the point where we connect the vEdge or cEdge to the internet till the point overlay tunnels establishes.

Hello Kirshan

I apologize for the delay in answering this post. Cisco has a very detailed walkthrough of how the overlay network can be created. You can find it at the following link:

I believe this will give you a very clear picture of what you’re looking for. If you have any more specific questions, please feel free to ask!

Laz

Hi Team,

This is Mazhar Hussain From Pakistan . I need your support in order to configure SDWAN using MPLS data link IPSEC tunnels.

We have hub and spoke scenario where every branch have two redundant links from 2 different ISPs and same is at hub side where 2 aggregation links are available. How can I configure SDWAN using IPSEC VPN tunnels interfaces .

Hello Mazhar

Implementing such a scenario is by no means trivial, and is difficult to summarize in a forum post.
However, here are some guidelines to keep in mind as you tackle this problem.

The first thing I suggest is to take a look at Rene’s course on SD-WAN:

This will give you an overview of the necessary background needed for SD-WAN implementation using Cisco’s Viptela solution. Now once you’ve gone over that, you’ll be in a better position to refine your solution and determine more specific questions in your process. By letting us know those more specific questions, we’ll be in a better position to help you in your design.

Laz

When I remove tunnel interface of vManage or vSmart DTLS connection is down.DTLS connection only form when I recreate the tunnel interface on vManage or vSmart.Can you please explain why it behave like that? what is the requirement to have tunnel to form DTLS connection.
But in the vBond even I remove the tunnel interface DTLS connection is up.

Hello Manoj

Take a look at this post:

Laz

1 Like

Hi Rene and Team,
Do you have course on segment routing and evpn and vxlan?

Hello Viveka

You can find out more information about VXLAN at the following lesson:

As for the use of EVPN, it is a method used to enable VTEP devices within a VXLAN topology to learn MAC addresses. The method that is included in the lessons is the use of a multicast underlay. EVPN used with MP-BGP is another method that is used often in datacenters and private clouds, but is not included in the lesson content here.

Similarly, segment routing is not found within the courses on this site. If you want to find out more info about it you can take a look at this Cisco documentation:

In any case, if you’re interested in seeing any of these or other topics on the site, feel free to visit the member ideas page below and make your suggestions there. You may find that others have similar suggestions, and you can add your voice to theirs.

Laz

Thanks for info Laz.

1 Like

When I think of orchestration, I think of Kubernetes. How is the Vbond an orchestrator? I think of orchestration as a server that pulls docker images)(containers) off of something like git hub and then pushes them out to hosts. Is the word Orchestration being used here as to mean one box that authenticates and directs all of your vedge devices? To me that would just be a server.

Hello Justin

The term “orchestration” can have many different connotations depending on the context used. In general, the term orchestration in ICT refers to the

“automated configuration, coordination, and management of computer systems and software.”

There are other definitions, of course, but this is the general idea. In the context of Kubernetes, orchestration is focused on automating software deployment using docker images or containers. But this is a subset of the more general meaning of orchestration.

There is the concept of network orchestration which is where the vBond device comes in. Network orchestration has to do with the setting up of devices, applications, and services in the network to achieve particular network objectives. It is a single point from which the whole network infrastructure can be configured and managed as a single entity. More info on network orchestration can be found at this Cisco site:

So this is network orchestration, in contrast to server orchestration which is where Kubernetes resides. You can see the distinction between the two.

Laz

1 Like

Hello friends, i am newly joined to Networklessons,
I am searching for sdwan complete course, i could not find. Can anyone please share the link.

Hello Gayathri

Welcome to NetworkLessons!! You can find the full SD-WAN course at the following link:

Laz