Network Support Engineer Interviews

Hello All,

I am just writing to see if I can get some help from the community! Recently I have been going through interviews for a position as a Network Support Engineer. I am 100% qualified for the job, I just want to make sure that I nail all the interviews/tests and get the job! networklessons.com helped me knock the first technical interview out of the park, I have to do a mock support email soon and if I pass that I will go under a much more thorough technical interview. The position I am going after works with 100% cloud managed network equipment so Cisco configs will not help me, but theory will help a ton. What are the best lessons on this site that deal with mostly theory and not actual cisco configs? I am looking for CCENT level all the way to CCIE level topics. I want to have the ability to explain things almost as good as Rene! (I say almost because I cant compare to the king :wink:

Thanks,
Scott Weller

Hello Scott

Good to hear that your interview/test process is going well so far. Great to hear that Networklessons has been a part of that journey. Hope we can continue to help in the future as well, when you get the job and you’ll be facing issues to solve.

As for content that is more theoretical, the truth is that Networklessons is geared more towards Cisco devices, features and how to config them. Having said that, you can go to the main site and choose specific topics under the Courses–>Routing & Switching menu option shown here:

Usually the first couple of lessons in each section go over the theory behind the specific topic so you may find some helpful information there.

I wish you success in your interview process and I wish you a bright networking career as well!

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

1 Like

Thank you Laz! I need all the help I can get to land this job. I just finished my mock customer support email. Now, I have to schedule my last technical interview. I was told that it will be 100% troubleshooting, and right answers aren’t expected but a good troubleshooting methodology is. I will spend lots of time on the first parts of Rene’s TSHOOT course and studying lots of theory. Thanks for all your help across the whole forum Laz.

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Wishing you all the best and good luck on your interview!

It sounds like you will be able to easily nail this role. :slight_smile:

Rich

2 Likes

Thanks a ton Richard it means a lot! I have made it to the final round of interviews. I am in the process of scheduling my interview and flight. I will let you all know how it goes!

Thanks for the positive vibes,
Scott

1 Like

Hi Scott,

What’s the latest on your interview and potential new job? Hope the final round went well! :slight_smile:

Rich

2 Likes

Hello Rich I hope you are doing well,

Thanks for paying attention to my situation! I feel special lol. Anywho my flight has been scheduled I fly out the 16th of July the interview is on the 17th and I fly back the 18th and will be home on the 19th. I wish I had a time machine so I could get this over with lol. The interview will be three parts one on my ability to learn/be taught, the next part is my motivations and the last part is technical. I will admit I am nervous about the technical portion because this week I have had my daughter and I don’t get nearly as much study done the weeks I have her. So tomorrow afternoon I plan on studying hard for the week to get prepared.

How are your studies coming along? I hope your flying through the material on this site! Let me know if you have any questions on Rene’s courses maybe it will help me expand my knowledge!

Thanks friend,
Scott

2 Likes

Hey Scott

I wish you success in your interview! Let us know how it went when you get back…

Laz

2 Likes

I got back on Wednesday but the trip took a lot out of me so I have been resting. The interview went well I believe. I met with three interviewers and my recruiter. I had great conversations with all of them and I was there longer than expected. I got positive feedback and we talked about start dates, I am crossing my fingers and hoping I get a call Monday with an offer! I will keep everyone posted. Even if I don’t get the job it was definitely a great learning experience. I also learned that having your CCNA can go a long way. I will be making a separate post about this.

2 Likes

Hey Scott

It’s a very good sign that they took more time with you than expected and the fact that they’ve talked to you about start dates. Looking forward to hearing the result! Fingers crossed…

Laz

2 Likes

Hi Scott,

Great to hear it went well! Hoping you get the call today! :slight_smile:

Rich

1 Like

That’s good news so far Scott, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers:

Rene

1 Like

Thanks, everyone for the positive vibes and support! I just wanted to let you know the good news I got the phone call today and pending a background check I will be working for Cisco Meraki starting October 1st. This website has been a huge part of my studies so I would like to thank you @ReneMolenaar and @lagapidis for all your help and guidance!

2 Likes

That’s great news! Congratulations! :popcorn::tada::balloon:

Good to hear that we were helpful :grin:

1 Like

For sure keep up the great lessons @ReneMolenaar :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats on the news Scott! Well done for getting the job! Do you have to re-locate far?

Rich

2 Likes

Thanks Richard! Yes it will be a big change/move for me! From ohio to San Francisco!

2 Likes

Hi Scott,
sorry for late reply:smiley:
really good news…congratulation and best wishes for your new job:+1:
but having one question so are u left us ?means we can see you in our forum or you will left us.:smiley:

Thanks & Regards,
Arindom

2 Likes

No I wouldn’t leave this site I love it to much! You are stuck with me for now :wink:

Thanks for your support!
Scott

1 Like

Awesome news Scott! Good luck with the relocation and with your new job! Keep us posted!

Laz

1 Like