Hi,
Cisco virl is must for this lab ?
Which image you are using for this switch

Thanks

Hi,
What is this mac ‘0180.c200.0000’
Thanks

Hello Sims

All 802.1q traffic (spanning tree traffic) is destined for the 0180.c200.0000 multicast MAC address. If this is blocked, then STP traffic will be blocked.

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

So its a In-build Feature or Mechanism right - We don’t enable them ?

Hello Mohit

Yes, STP Dispute is a built in feature, and requires no configuration. Actually, it cannot even be disabled.

Laz

A post was merged into an existing topic: Multiple Spanning Tree (MST)

Does this only works with RSTP?

Hello Nipun

There is astonishingly little information in any Cisco documentation about the STP dispute mechanism, and unfortunately, I don’t have a definitive answer for you. The STP dispute mechanism is definitely part of PVST+ as well as RSTP, and consequently MST (since it is based on RSTP), but I haven’t been able to find information about the existence of the mechanism on standard 802.1D STP. in any case, the point is moot because 802.1D is rarely used, and indeed is not supported on many modern switches.

Typically PVST is the default type of STP that runs on modern Cisco switches, with the option to run one of the following types:

SW1#configure terminal
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
SW1(config)#spanning-tree mode ?
  mst         Multiple spanning tree mode
  pvst        Per-Vlan spanning tree mode
  rapid-pvst  Per-Vlan rapid spanning tree mode

SW1(config)#spanning-tree mode

I apologize for not being able to give you more details about this, I wish I could have given you a me definitive answer.

Laz

1 Like