Encor Exam Preperation

I am nearly finished with the ENCOR course just wondering if anyone has done the Encor exam and how they found it I am wondering on best ways/ideas to prepare for the exam ie LABS to keep everything fresh as I only use network lessons and the only thing I can think off is to keep scanning through the course that is provided but feel like im going round in circles any ideas appreciated

1 Like

Hello Dominic

I am not familiar with anyone who has had the experience of writing the ENCOR exam. However, to keep things fresh and vivid in your mind, the thing that I find most helpful is the performance of the labs. Nothing has helped me understand and keep the concepts clear in my mind as much as labs have. They give you an in depth understanding of the concepts, especially when something goes wrong, and you troubleshoot and fix it. You just get that eureka moment that really sticks in your mind.

If anyone has had the experience of taking the exam, please let us know!

I hope this has been helpful!

Laz

Cheer Laz thats what i thought aswell is there anywhere specific for labs or do you recommend the ones tht are just in the lessons for Encor?

Hi,

how long did you take you to go through the encore course on networklessons.com?, how many hours did put in everyday.

regards

Hello Dominic

I believe that performing the labs found within the lessons is probably the best way to ensure you’re covering all the topics. If you find that you need more, you can always go to Rene’s GNS3Vault site which has additional labs based on GNS3. You can download the topologies so that you don’t have to recreate them from scratch. You can find all of the available labs at the following link:

I wish you success in your studies!

Laz

Hello Walter

Hmm, that’s a difficult question to answer. Each lesson is different, and each person absorbs information at different rates and in different ways. If you are experienced in network technologies, studying for several months on an almost daily basis (1 to 2 hours a day?) may be enough, while others may need a couple of months of full time commitment to achieve it.

I suggest you start going through some of the lessons, maybe 8 to 10 lessons, and gauge how long it takes you to gain a full understanding for each lesson. Then you can estimate based on your progress, how long it will take you to go through the rest of the lessons. Only then will you be able to more fully understand what kind of time commitment you will need.

Laz

1 Like

Hello guys
I am new to Network Lessons. I have started CCNP classes again 350-401
So how long actually to have this 350-401 exam

AND also, please what a powerful tool to do my Labs

Hello Konan

Concerning the amount of time needed, that’s a difficult question to answer. Take a look at this post:

Concerning details about labs, take a look at this post:

You should find all the information you are looking for in the above posts. If you need any additional information, you know where to find us!

Laz

ok thank you for return.
after to think,in concern your return, i decid to passe the exam CCNP 350-401 at end june.

1 Like

Hello Team ! I passed the CCNP 350-401 Exam last week and I just want to say “Thank you” NetworkLesson.com. Special Thank you to Rene for making this happen.

I encourage everyone still preparing for this exam to trust Networklesson.com. Everything you need is here…! I read this course twice and then Labs labs labs is the secrete to keep it in the brain. I practiced all the questions at the end of the course. You will not find any straight forward question in the exam here but if you practice the questions and understand the concept, then you will be super fine in the exam. Its all straight forward questions, no labs in the exams but doing labs in preparation is the best thing to do. GoodLuck…!

Next is CCNP 300-410 and my hopes remain in this team. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

3 Likes

congratulationsn Ayong!
Can you tell us about the issues of the new topics?

programming among others

Thanks Yuri,
If you go through Rene’s notes and practice the end of course questions you will be more than fine. You will not be asked to do programming, just basic and straight forward questions. CCNA was more difficult compared to what i saw. More on automation.

Hello Ayong

Congratulations on passing! That’s a great achievement, and we’re happy to be a part of your certification journey. We wish you success on the next one and as always, if you need any help, you know where to find us…

Laz

Hi
Anyone are preparing any CCNP enterprise exam?
Can you share your studyng resouces please ?

Thanks.

Hello Giovanni

Take a look at the posts above in this thread to get some idea of what others have been doing and how it affects their success. You may also find the following topic useful for ENARSI as well:

Other than that, resources for both ENCOR and ENARSI are quite complete on this site, and others have found this to be the case. However, if you need additional resources, try gns3vault.com for lab topologies.

Now if you meant CCIE Enterprise, then the following post may be of help as well:

Laz

hello all, I am taking ENCOR exam in 2 weeks, not sure I have cover all the topics, I wonder if the labs are enough on this website, can you show me another info??

Hello Jorge

We believe that the lessons in this site sufficiently cover the material for ENCOR. If you have done the labs and obtained personal experience with how the protocols and features function and interact, then you should be well on your way to a very good chance of passing. Cisco’s official Cert guides are also a source of fundamentally useful information. You may also find this lesson useful as well. Even though it talks about CCNA, the concepts are valid for all Cisco certification exams:

Laz

thanks, I think the virtualization and automation topic are not showing enough videos for labs, would you like tell me another source ? thanks

Hello Jorge

The only other thing I can suggest to you is to take a look at what Cisco has available on their Cisco Press site. They have a lot of resources that are geared specifically towards studying and training for the ENCOR exam. One obvious choice is the Cert Guide below:

Other resources you may find useful include dCloud, where you are able to browse a huge catalog of demos that can be helpful.

Laz

thank you, I am still trying to get run the gns3 to use the labs with python, also from gn3vault.com. I searched on internet, but still getting this error message:
Please check if GNS3 is allowed in your antivirus and firewall. And that server version is 2.2.17.
Doing Labs are the key, but my new MacBook and the old Ubuntu are showing me the same problem. Would your team guide me with a few steps to configure the GNS3 VM, my clue is something related with port number, I am not giving up to run gns3 with python, thanks